Thursday, August 14, 2008

News Flash: Politicians Lie.

Though the Annenberg Political Fact Check has gotten a little overzealous over the past year or two, they do still post good hard analysis of many false and overstated claims by both presidential candidates. I often hear people around town or people I speak with repeating false accusations about policy (hey--at least they're actually paying attention to policy and not who is the bigger celebrity and why that somehow matters). I wish more people new about this neutral website.

One of the most infuriating events of the campaign season has been John McCain's outright lies about Obama's proposed tax policy. The Fact Check has a good summary of this B.S. (Bogus Stuff) right here.

And just to follow the fairness doctrine for once, I'll include a link to one of their stories on an Obama overstatement. I hope this appeases my conservative friends. (Like how I used a McCainism, my friends?)

Today, we are all Georgians.

No comments: